Desertas Island Boat Tour
Desertas Island Boat Tour
A group of 3 uninhabited islands, which lies about 15 miles southeast of Madeira, Desertas Islands are a Natural Reserve, primarily to protect the rarest species of monk seal but also known as an important sea bird sanctuary. After approaching Desertas island, we will follow along the coast giving you a chance to take in the views. We will anchor at Doca, where you can swim, dive and relax and after a delicious hot meal, you will be able to go ashore on a guided tour.
Price Per Person: 85€ (Children between 5 to 12 years old pay half price; Children up to 4 years old don’t pay a ticket)
Availability: Wednesday & Saturday
Availability time: 09.30 – 18.00
Trip Total Time: 9 Hours
Boat: Margarita Sunset
Extra Activity: Swimming (we advise you to bring a swimsuit); Guided tour on Desertas Island.
Flora & Fauna of Desertas Island’s
Explore its diverse ecosystems, from rugged cliffs to lush vegetation. Encounter unique species, including seabirds, Monk Seals, and endemic plants. Immerse yourself in the natural wonders of this pristine island paradise.
- Monk Seals (Monachus monachus): Desertas Island is home to one of the world’s rarest seal species, the Monk Seal. Witness these majestic creatures in their natural habitat, basking on the rocky shores and swimming in the surrounding waters.
- Seabird Colonies: The island’s cliffs and coastal areas provide nesting grounds for a variety of seabirds. Watch for species such as Cory’s Shearwater, Bulwer’s Petrel, and Madeiran Storm-petrel, as they soar through the skies and dive into the ocean.
- Endemic Flora: Desertas Island boasts a unique array of endemic plant species found nowhere else in the world. Explore the island’s flora, including rare shrubs, flowering plants, and succulents that have adapted to the island’s specific conditions.
- Marine Life: Dive into the crystal-clear waters surrounding Desertas Island and discover an underwater world teeming with marine life. Encounter colourful fish, and playful dolphins, and possibly spot other fascinating creatures like sea turtles and manta rays.
- Dramatic Landscapes: Marvel at the dramatic landscapes of Desertas Island, with its rugged cliffs, hidden coves, and pristine beaches. The island’s untouched beauty provides a breathtaking backdrop for exploring its diverse flora and fauna.
Immerse yourself in the wonders of Desertas Island’s Flora & Fauna, where rare species, stunning landscapes, and rich biodiversity await your discovery.
Bonita da Madeira
Genuine Wooden Gulet, with an experienced crew.
Bonita da Madeira and Margarita Sunset, genuine wooden schooners, 23 meters long and 99 tons, are equipped by a professional and experienced crew, allowing you to enjoy the crystal blue ocean, beautiful bays and marvellous coast of Madeira and Desertas in comfort and maximum safety.
You might also be interested in...
Boat Tours, Whale & Dolphin Watching and more